Geothermal heat pump for heating and cooling the system:
What is a 'geothermal' or 'ground source' heat pump?
A geothermal or ground source heat pump heats or cools your home by moving heat to and from the ground through a series of buried loops.
What are the advantages of geothermal heat pumps?
- ⮚ Low noise - no outdoor equipment above ground.
- ⮚ Very efficient as air conditioners.
- ⮚ No on-site combustion.
- ⮚ A single system can provide heating and air-conditioning (and optional water heating).
- ⮚ If electricity generation becomes cleaner, geothermal heat pumps could have clear-cut environmental benefits compared to natural gas furnaces.
- ⮚ The direct use of geothermal energy can be done by the usage of geothermal springs for the purpose of heating, melting sidewalks during winter.